No matter what type or size your business is, you certainly can’t afford to loose customer because of bad advertising efforts. Developing effective advertising campaigns takes a combination of strategy and creativity.
- Determine your target.
Effective advertising begins with understanding the individuals who purchase your products and services, or those who have the potential to do so. Identify and shoot for a target audience with your customer advertising rather than creating a campaign that is more broad or generic.
- Find out what others are doing in your industry.
Customer advertising is a competitive in most businesses. You need to figure out what the competition is offering and focus on what you have that they don’t. (Note: look for a company that you know is profitable) If you use the unique strengths of your business which might include special product lines that aren’t available in the industry, customizable products or service packages, or a customer loyalty program. This will guarantee attention to your business make sure you note all your strengths in your advertisements.
- When and where.
Profitable advertisements are strategically located in the right place at the right time. The right places is usually determined by your target audience. If you realize that your target audience is diverse then don’t limit your customer advertising to one type for example, television or radio. Rotate each of your advertisements to reach a broader audience.
- Check if your advertisements are working.
It is hard to know how your advertisement is doing unless you have a system to track customers. One way to do this is by making sure your advertisement has coupons on your printed ads, (newspapers, flyers, door hangers) this will allow you to track where customers saw your effective advertisements.
Another alternative is to include a statement like, “Mention this ad and get an extra 10% discount.” These tactics are extremely effective, and they will help when evaluating the results of your customer advertising campaign.
- Good campaigns equal better the results
A good advertising campaign takes time and money to develop. Customer advertising is the one major area of your business that budget should not be cut, nor should it be overlooked or neglected in any way. Your customer advertising is mainly what drives sales, look for ways to boost your advertising budget often. Some of the many advertising outlets now and days also takes more time than money.
A great tip is to invest time in developing a Craigslist/kijii advertising campaign to take advantage of free advertising and be sure to make use of other free spaces, like community bulletin boards and as always word of mouth.
NOTE : Creating a website is another great method of gaining new clients especially if your website accepts credit card payments see “Top 3 Reasons to Accept Credit Cards”
5 more Advertising Tips
- Advertising is expensive, so make a plan know why and obviously what you are advertising and what you want to accomplish. make sure your advertising carefully and be sure to measure its effectiveness.
- Figure out what is the most appropriate sales promotion tools such as flyers, brochures and signs. Be careful to review each promotion for its effectiveness and evaluate what these advertisements say about your business.
- Signage should always be a larger part of your marketing campaign. Signs are an important part of small businesses and can be the most effective and consistent way for generating revenue.
- Every small business should be listed under the appropriate heading in the Yellow Pages, but not every business needs to buy expensive display ads. Be judicious.
- You should always network yourself. Get involved in your community. Join the chamber of commerce, business organizations, service clubs, and charities. .